Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Robert Earl Keen -- The Road Goes on Forever!



I got to go on Saturday night to Linden to see Robert Earl Keen. I had previously not heard of him until I started going out with Cole and he introduced me to it. It is typical Texas country, songs about life not just love. The concert started at 8 and of course we were a bit late but made it in time to see him. If you've never been to Music City Texas Theatre (www.musiccitytexas.org) you should try to go the acoustics are fantastic. I was totally taken by the sound. I got to meet him and get him to sign a book for me. We had lots of fun and are planning to go next month to see Brandon Rhyder. I'm sure it will be just as fun. Oh! I forgot the best part its BYOB. Just carry in a small icechest you can put under your chair and a cup to drink from.

1 comment:

  1. Music City Texas Theater is one of my favorite places to go. I have been going for a few years. I mainly go for a band called Hickory Hill. You know me and bluegrass. The banjo player was my old teacher. They used to serve chicken and dumplings there that was out of this world. They have temporarily stopped. I hope they start back soon.

    ReplyDelete